Extra Things to Do & See
The Outback Corral Petting Zoo
Feed machines are located at the petting zoo and on the Dickerson Lake Pavilion. Feed for the animals is available for $1 (1 token). Change machines convert $1 and $5 to tokens.
Giraffe feeding hours
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., daily March through October.
- The deck is closed November through February.
Giraffe feed is $4 (or 4 tokens) and is available when an attendant is present on the elevated deck.
The playground park adjacent to the zoo is a public park operated by the Springfield-Greene County Park Board. The pavilion can be reserved by groups on a first-come, first-served basis. Rental fees are based on the group size and length of reservation.
Call the zoo office to see if your event date is available. The pavilion can be reserved for any date during the calendar year beginning the first business day of the year. Please review the Pavilion Rental Fees and Guidelines.
Please note: There is a special use application required for large groups (more than 145 people; Event Activity Application ). Contact the zoo office for more information. Please review the City of Springfield park regulations regarding park rules (PDF).
The Bush Country
Cafe serves hot foods, snack foods, frozen treats, and soft drinks. Some items may not be available during winter months.
- 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., daily, March through October.
- 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., weekends only, November through February.
TITUS EXPRESS TRAIN RIDE!
Tickets are $3 per person for everyone age 2 and older. (Children under age 2 ride free.) The train ride operates weather permitting.
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., daily March through October
- Closed for the season November-February
SAFARI TRADING COMPANY GIFT SHOP
Gift shop is open every day of zoo operations.
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., daily, March-October
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., daily, November-February